NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Sport and Physical Activity (Sport and Exercise Science)
- Leisure, Travel and Tourism
- Learning Resources Available, UCAS, Nested Qualification
- Registration and Certification Fee
- Level 3
- Minimum entry age
The qualification is designed for learners who want to go on to higher level studies, and is suitable for use within a Study Programme. It will give learners skills, knowledge and an understanding of the sport and physical activity sector.
UCAS points have been awarded for this qualification in May 2017 as follows: P – 16, M – 32, D – 48, D* - 56
What is a nested qualification?
Qualification SpecificationLessMore info Download
This document contains everything you need to know about this qualification and should be used by everyone involved in its planning, delivery and assessment.
Feature and BenefitsLessMore info Download
This document outlines the features and benefits of this qualification for the centre, learner and employer.
Learner OverviewLessMore info Download
This document contains all the information learners need to know if they’re considering taking an Advanced Learner Loan to complete this qualification.
Letter of Support - Southampton Solent UniversityLessMore info Download
Letter of Support from Southampton Solent University
Letter of Support - University of SunderlandLessMore info Download
Letter of Support from the University of Sunderland
Letter of Support - University of HuddersfieldLessMore info Download
Letter of Support from the University of Huddersfield
Letter of Support - London South Bank UniversityLessMore info Download
This document contains details of stakeholders who have supported the development of this qualification.
Sample Internal Assessment TasksLessMore info Download
This file contains a sample internal assessment task for this qualification.
Grading CalculatorLessMore info Download
Our grading calculator will support you in estimating your learners' overall result for this qualification. Enter your learners' current or predicted grades for the internal units to estimate their overall result. Please note: this is for guidance only.
Using UMS to Calculate Qualification Grades (v2)LessMore info Download
This document explains how to calculate the total UMS value of a qualification.
- Exercise, Health and Lifestyle (J/508/4583)
- Preparing for a Career in Sport and Physical Activity (D/508/4637)
- Principles of Anatomy and Physiology (L/508/4584)
- Applied Exercise Physiology (T/508/4627)
- Biomechanics (M/508/4626)
- Fitness Testing for Sport and Exercise (H/508/4591)
- Laboratory and Field Based Experiment Methods (F/508/4632)
- Research Project in Sport and Exercise Sciences (Y/508/4605)
- Psychology for Sports Performance (K/508/4592)
- Applied Sports Psychology (K/508/4625)
- Practical Team Sports (D/508/4587)
- Practical Individual Sports (H/508/4588)
- The Physiology of Fitness (K/508/4589)
- Assessing Risk in Sport (F/508/4582)
- Fitness Training and Programming (D/508/4590 )
- Sports Nutrition (Y/508/4622)
- Technical and tactical skills in sport (M/508/4593)
- The Athlete's Lifestyle (T/508/4594)
- Current Issues in Sport (A/508/4595)
- Instructing Physical Activity and Exercise (F/508/4596)
- Sports Injuries (J/508/4597)
- Sports Coaching (D/508/4122)
- Leadership in Sport (R/508/4599)
- Analysis of Sports Performance (A/508/4600)
- Ethics and Values in Sport (F/508/4601)
- Sport and Exercise Massage (L/508/4603)
- Organising Sports Events (R/508/4604)
- Applied Strength and Conditioning (D/508/4606)
- Personal and Professional Development (D/508/4623)
- Work Experience in Sport (Y/508/4586)
Evidence and Grading Tracker
Price (Inc VAT): Free
Enhanced Qualification Support Pack (EQSP)
Price (Inc VAT): £55.00
Qualification Support Pack (QSP)
Price (Inc VAT): Free
Internal assessments will go ahead in 2021/22, therefore moving away from results being based on Teacher Assessed Grades (TAGs) used in 2020 to 2021, where this has been permitted. Students need to prepare a portfolio of evidence. We encourage centres to review our guidance on the types of evidence, and evidence capture, that we permit including e.g. the use of video, photos and other digital means of demonstrating knowledge and skills.
For further information please see the 2021/22 adaptation addendum document below.
2021-22 AT 60188832 V1.0LessMore info Download