NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Coding
- Information and Communication Technology
- Level 2
- Minimum entry age
About this qualification?
This qualification is designed for learners who want to gain knowledge of coding. The qualification may also support progression into further study in coding or other topics within the digital sector.
Who is it suitable for?
This qualification is designed for learners who are looking to gain an introduction to coding. It will support the learner to progress into further study and support those interested in progressing to employment in a coding or IT related role.
What are the entry requirements?
Learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 1 Digital Skills or Information Technology related qualification.
How is this qualification structured?
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Coding, learners must successfully complete 5 mandatory units.
How is it assessed?
Internally assessed and externally quality assured portfolio of evidence.
What related qualifications can you progress to?
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
• NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Coding Practices
• NCFE Level 3 Certificate or Diploma in IT User Skills
• Level 3 Certificate in Programming.
Funding for our qualifications
Find out more about funding for this and other qualifications on our funding page.
Qualification SpecificationLessMore info Download
This document contains everything you need to know about this qualification and should be used by everyone involved in its planning, delivery and assessment.
In the KnowLessMore info Download
This document outlines the key information of this qualification for the centre, learner and employer.
Learner’s Evidence Tracking LogLessMore info Download
This document can help learners to keep track of their work.
- Understand The Principles of Coding (M/618/1187)
- Understand Terminology Used in Coding (T/618/1188)
- Understand Coding Design Principles (A/618/1189)
- Understand the Processes and Practice of Coding (M/618/1190)
- Understand the Importance of Communication and Project Management in Coding (T/618/1191)