NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Common Childhood Illnesses
- Health, Public Services and Care, Early Years Educator
- Level 2
- Minimum entry age
What does this qualification cover?
The purpose of this qualification is to increase learners' knowledge and understanding of common childhood illnesses to enable them to support the development and wellbeing of infants and children they support/care for.
Who is it suitable for?
This qualification is suitable for anyone looking to increase their knowledge of common childhood illness.
What are the entry requirements?
Learners should be at least 16 years old. We do not set any other entry requirements but centres may have their own guidelines.
How is this qualification structured?
Learners must successfully achieve all 3 mandatory units.
How is it assessed?
This qualification is internally assessed using a range of methods.
Do you need to be working to take this qualification?
This is a knowledge-only qualification, therefore, work experience is not mandatory.
What related qualifications can you progress to?
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
• Level 2 Certificate in Working with Children in Early Years and Primary Settings
• Level 2 Certificate in Introducing Caring for Children and Young People
• Level 2 Certificate in an Introduction to Early Years Education and Care
• Level 3 Award in Childcare and Education
• Level 2 and 3 qualifications in Supporting Teaching and Learning
• Level 3 Award in Preparing to Work in Home Based Childcare
• Level 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Early Years Education and Care
Funding for our qualifications
Find out more about funding for this and other qualifications on our funding page.
Qualification SpecificationLessMore info Download
This document contains everything you need to know about this qualification in PDF format and should be used by everyone involved in its planning, delivery and assessment.
Key FactsLessMore info Download
This document outlines the key information of this qualification for the Centre, learner and employer.
To view additional support materials you will need your Portal login details. If you don’t have a login for Portal please contact your Portal administrator within your centre. To see more additional materials please Login
Qualification Specification (doc)LessMore info Download
This document contains everything you need to know about this qualification in MS Word format and should be used by everyone involved in its planning, delivery and assessment.