NCFE CACHE Level 1 Award in Nutrition and Health
- Health, Public Services and Care, Health and Social Care
- Learning Resources Available
- Level 1
- Minimum entry age
- Credit Value
What does this qualification cover?
This qualification aims to:
• develop learners' understanding of the importance of eating healthily and maintaining hydration
• develop learners' understanding of food choices and how to make healthy choices
• help learners plan a healthy diet for self and others
• increase understanding of eating disorders, the connections between food and feelings, and ways to seek help and support.
Who is it suitable for?
This qualification is designed for learners looking to improve their understanding of nutrition and health.
This qualification is suitable for learners aged 14 and above.
What are the entry requirements?
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification.
How is this qualification structured?
To be awarded the Level 1 Award in Nutrition and Health learners are required to successfully complete all 3 mandatory units:
• Unit 01 Introductory awareness of the importance of healthy eating and drinking for adults
• Unit 02 Planning healthy diets
• Unit 03 Understanding eating disorders.
How is it assessed?
To be awarded the Level 1 Award in Nutrition and Health learners must successfully demonstrate their achievement of all learning outcomes and assessment criteria of the units as detailed in the qualification specification. Grades are not awarded.
The Level 1 Award in Nutrition and Health is internally assessed.
What related qualifications can you progress to?
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
• Level 1 Award in Alcohol Awareness
• Level 1 Award in Awareness of Substance Misuse
• Level 2 Award in Nutrition and Health
• Level 2 Award in Improving Personal Exercise, Health and Nutrition.
Funding for our qualifications
Find out more about funding for this and other qualifications on our funding page.
To view additional support materials you will need your Portal login details. If you don’t have a login for Portal please contact your Portal administrator within your centre. To see more additional materials please Login