NCFE Level 5 Diploma in Principles of Management and Leadership
- Business, Administration and Law
- Level 5
- Minimum entry age
- Credit Value
The qualification has been designed for team leaders and junior managers across a wide range of roles within both the public and private sectors.
The qualification allows learners to apply their knowledge to the national standard required by employers.
Qualification SpecificationLessMore info Download
This qualification specification contains everything you need to know about this qualification and should be used by everyone involved in the planning, delivery and assessment.
Learner OverviewLessMore info Download
This document contains all the information learners need to know if they’re considering taking an Advanced Learner Loan to complete this qualification.
Features and BenefitsLessMore info Download
This document outlines the features and benefits of this qualification for the centre, learner and employer.
Assessment StrategyLessMore info Download
This mandatory document outlines the policies and principles for assessing competence units.
Learner's Evidence Tracking LogLessMore info Download
This document can help learners to keep track of their work.
- Principles of Management and Leadership (R/602/1366)
- Management of Change (A/602/1443)
- Management Activities (D/602/1449)
- Developing Successful Business Teams (D/602/1466)
- Personal Development (J/602/1431)
- Recruitment and Selection (J/602/1879)
- Financial Awareness for Managers (K/602/1440)
- Marketing Principles for Managers (K/602/1485)
- Management Decision Making (K/602/2054)
- Leadership in Your Organisation (M/602/1438)
- Managing Staff Performance (M/602/1469)
- Customer Relationship Management (M/602/2055)
- Managing Projects (R/602/1464)
- Managing Budgets (R/602/1481)
- Quality Management in an Organisation (Y/602/1479)
- Principles of Strategic Management (A/602/1488)
- Managing Innovation in an Organisation (D/602/1483)
- Managing Communications at Work (F/602/1878)
Students will still need to prepare a portfolio of evidence. We encourage centres to review our guidance on the types of evidence, and evidence capture, that we permit including e.g. the use of video, photos and other digital means of demonstrating knowledge and skills.
Some optional qualification content has been removed where it does not detract from the purpose of the qualification.
Students are still required to complete the work placement, but the focus should be on learning outcomes and evidencing competence. We have removed the requirement for students to complete a minimum number of placement hours; hours should still be recorded.
The adaptation addendum document contains further information of how learning outcome / evidence of competence needs to be met either within the workplace or via alternative assessment methods.
For further information please see the adaptation addendum document below.
AT 60180328 v1.0LessMore info Download