NCFE Level 5 Diploma in Principles of Management and Leadership
- Business, Administration and Law
- Registration and Certification Fee
- Level 5
- Minimum entry age
- Credit Value
This qualification is suitable for learners aged 18 and above.
The qualification has been designed for team leaders and junior managers across a wide range of roles within both the public and private sectors.
The qualification allows learners to apply their knowledge to the national standard required by employers.
Qualification SpecificationLessMore info Download
This qualification specification contains everything you need to know about this qualification and should be used by everyone involved in the planning, delivery and assessment.
Learner OverviewLessMore info Download
This document contains all the information learners need to know if they’re considering taking an Advanced Learner Loan to complete this qualification.
Features and BenefitsLessMore info Download
This document outlines the features and benefits of this qualification for the centre, learner and employer.
Assessment StrategyLessMore info Download
This mandatory document outlines the policies and principles for assessing competence units.
To view additional support materials you will need your Portal login details. If you don’t have a login for Portal please contact your Portal administrator within your centre. To see more additional materials please Login
Qualification specification (Word)LessMore info Download
This document contains everything you need to know about this qualification in MS Word format and should be used by everyone involved in its planning, delivery and assessment.
- Principles of Management and Leadership (R/602/1366)
- Management of Change (A/602/1443)
- Management Activities (D/602/1449)
- Developing Successful Business Teams (D/602/1466)
- Personal Development (J/602/1431)
- Recruitment and Selection (J/602/1879)
- Financial Awareness for Managers (K/602/1440)
- Marketing Principles for Managers (K/602/1485)
- Management Decision Making (K/602/2054)
- Leadership in Your Organisation (M/602/1438)
- Managing Staff Performance (M/602/1469)
- Customer Relationship Management (M/602/2055)
- Managing Projects (R/602/1464)
- Managing Budgets (R/602/1481)
- Quality Management in an Organisation (Y/602/1479)
- Principles of Strategic Management (A/602/1488)
- Managing Innovation in an Organisation (D/602/1483)
- Managing Communications at Work (F/602/1878)
Internal assessments will go ahead in 2021/22, therefore moving away from results being based on Teacher Assessed Grades (TAGs) used in 2020 to 2021, where this has been permitted. Students need to prepare a portfolio of evidence. We encourage centres to review our guidance on the types of evidence, and evidence capture, that we permit including e.g. the use of video, photos and other digital means of demonstrating knowledge and skills.
Students are still required to complete the work placement, but the focus should be on learning outcomes and evidencing competence.
The adaptation addendum document contains further information of how learning outcome / evidence of competence needs to be met either within the workplace or via alternative assessment methods.
For further information please see the 2021/22 adaptation addendum document below.
2021-22 AT 60180328 V1.0LessMore info Download