NCFE Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training
- Education and Training
- Learning Resources Available
- Registration and Certification Fee
- Level 4
- Minimum entry age
- Credit Value
The qualification provides an introduction to teaching and aims to meet the needs of a range of trainee teachers, such as:
• individuals not currently in a teaching or training role
• individuals currently teaching and training (including those who have just begun teaching and training)
• individuals currently working as assessors who wish to achieve a qualification that provides an introduction to teaching.
Qualification SpecificationLessMore info Download
This qualification specification contains everything you need to know about this qualification and should be used by everyone involved in the planning, delivery and assessment.
Support HandbookLessMore info Download
This document contains supporting information that relates to NCFE and CACHE qualifications to assist in planning, delivery and assessment, and must be used alongside the qualification specification.
Qualification FactsheetLessMore info Download
This document outlines the key information of this qualification for the centre, learner and employer.
Guidance for Qualifications in Education and TrainingLessMore info Download
This EFT document provides guidance for qualifications in Education and Training.
Minimum CoreLessMore info Download
This document from The Education & Training Foundation defines the minimum core guidance.
- Understanding Roles, Responsibilities and Relationships in Education and Training (H/505/0053)
- Delivering Education and Training (M/505/0122)
- Using Resources for Education and Training (L/505/0127)
- Assessing Learners in Education and Training (F/505/0125)
- Planning to Meet the Needs of Learners in Education and Training (A/505/1189)
- Assess Occupational Competence in the Work Environment (H/601/5314)
- Assess Vocational Skills, Knowledge and Understanding (F/601/5319)
- Develop and Prepare Resources for Learning and Development (A/502/9547)
- Develop Learning and Development Programmes (M/502/9545)
- Engage Learners in the Learning and Development Process (F/502/9551)
- Engage with Employers to Develop and Support Learning Provision (Y/502/9555)
- Engage with Employers to Facilitate Workforce Development (D/502/9556)
- Identify Individual Learning and Development Needs (K/502/9544)
- Identify the Learning Needs of Organisations (H/502/9543)
- Internally Assure the Quality of Assessment (A/601/5321)
- Manage Learning and Development in Groups (A/502/9550)
- Understanding the Principles and Practices of Externally Assuring the Quality of Assessment (F/601/5322)
- Understanding the Principles and Practices of Internally Assuring the Quality of Assessment (T/601/5320)
- Analysing English Language for Literacy and Language Teaching (J/503/4850)
- Reading Skills for Literacy and Language Teaching (R/503/4852)
- Speaking and Listening Skills for Literacy and Language Teaching (D/503/4854)
- Writing Skills for Literacy and Language Teaching (K/503/4856)
- Using Mathematics: Personal and Public Life (A/503/4859)
- Using Mathematics: Professional and Vocational Contexts (F/503/4863)
- Using Mathematics: Academic Subjects (T/503/4861)
- Action Learning to Support Development of Subject Specific Pedagogy (M/503/5376)
- Action Research (T/503/5380)
- Assessment and Support for the Recognition of Prior Learning Through the Accreditation of Learning Outcomes (F/505/0187)
- Delivering Employability Skills (M/505/1089)
- Developing, Using and Organising Resources in a Specialist Area (H/505/1090)
- Effective Partnership Working in the Learning and Teaching Context (Y/503/5310)
- Equality and Diversity (Y/503/5789)
- Evaluating Learning Programmes (K/505/1091)
- Inclusive Practice (L/503/5384)
- Preparing for the Coaching Role (J/505/0188)
- Preparing for the Mentoring Role (L/505/0189)
- Preparing for the Personal Tutoring Role (T/505/1093)
- Principles and Practice of Lipreading Teaching (L/504/0231)
- Specialist Delivery Techniques and Activities (R/504/0229)
- Teaching in a Specialist Area (J/505/1096)
- Understanding and Managing Behaviours in a Learning Environment (Y/505/1099)
- Working with the 14-19 Age Range in Education and Training (D/505/1105)
- Managing Behaviours in a Learning Environment (M/505/3912)
Price (Inc VAT): Free
Internal assessments will go ahead in 2021/22, therefore moving away from results being based on Teacher Assessed Grades (TAGs). Students need to prepare a portfolio of evidence. We encourage centres to review our guidance and the guidance from the Education and Training Foundation (ETF) on the types of evidence, and evidence capture, that we permit including e.g. the use of video, photos and other digital means of demonstrating knowledge and skills.
Students are still required to complete the work placement, but the focus should be on learning outcomes and evidencing competence. Live remote delivery is permitted where face to face teaching opportunities are limited.
The adaptation addendum document contains further information of how learning outcome / evidence of competence needs to be met either within the workplace or via alternative assessment methods.
2021-22 AT 60116213 V1.0LessMore info Download
ETF ITE Qualification mitigations guidance 14 October 2021LessMore info Download