NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Sport and Physical Activity (Outdoors)
- Leisure, Travel and Tourism
- Learning Resources Available, UCAS, Nested Qualification
- Registration and Certification Fee
- Level 3
- Minimum entry age
This qualification is designed for learners who want to go on to higher level studies, and is suitable for use within a Study Programme. It will give learners skills, knowledge and an understanding of the sport and physical activity sector.
UCAS points have been awarded for this qualification in May 2017 as follows: P – 16, M – 32, D – 48, D* - 56
What is a nested qualification?
This qualification is nested. Qualifications within a nested suite allow learners to be topped up to a qualification that is the same level and subject within the Introductory Certificate, Certificate, Diploma and Extended Diploma structure. This can be done by self-service through the Portal. Qualification nests and top-up pricing can be found in our fees list.
Qualification SpecificationLessMore info Download
This document contains everything you need to know about this qualification and should be used by everyone involved in its planning, delivery and assessment.
Feature and BenefitsLessMore info Download
This document outlines the features and benefits of this qualification for the centre, learner and employer.
Learner OverviewLessMore info Download
This document contains all the information learners need to know if they’re considering taking an Advanced Learner Loan to complete this qualification.
Letter of Support - Southampton Solent UniversityLessMore info Download
Letter of Support from Southampton Solent University
Letter of Support - University of SunderlandLessMore info Download
Letter of Support from the University of Sunderland
Letter of Support - University of HuddersfieldLessMore info Download
Letter of Support from the University of Huddersfield
Letter of Support - London South Bank UniversityLessMore info Download
This document contains details of stakeholders who have supported the development of this qualification.
Sample Internal Assessment TaskLessMore info Download
This file contains a sample internal assessment task for this qualification.
Grading CalculatorLessMore info Download
Our grading calculator will support you in estimating your learners' overall result for this qualification. Enter your learners' current or predicted grades for the internal units to estimate their overall result. Please note: this is for guidance only.
Using UMS to Calculate Qualification Grades (v2)LessMore info Download
This document explains how to calculate the total UMS value of a qualification.
- Exercise, Health and Lifestyle (J/508/4583)
- Preparing for a Career in Sport and Physical Activity (D/508/4637)
- Principles and Practices in Outdoor Adventure (R/508/4585)
- Impact and Sustainability in Outdoor Adventure (H/508/4607)
- Alternative Pursuits for Outdoor Adventure (K/508/4608)
- Environmental Education for Outdoor Adventure (F/508/4615)
- Equipment and Facilities for Outdoor and Adventurous Activities (J/508/4616)
- Skills for Land-Based Outdoor and Adventurous Activities (H/508/4123)
- Skills for Water-Based Outdoor and Adventurous Activities (K/508/4124)
- Outdoor and Adventurous Expeditions (M/508/4125)
- Managing Facilities for Sport and Physical Activity (R/508/4621)
- Assessing Risk in Sport (F/508/4582)
- Leadership in Sport (R/508/4599)
- Performance Management in Sport and Physical Activity Businesses (Y/508/4619)
- Personal and Professional Development (D/508/4623)
- Business in Sport (J/508/4602)
- Practical Individual Sports (H/508/4588)
- Organising Sports Events (R/508/4604)
- Practical Team Sports (D/508/4587)
- Sport Development (L/508/4598)
- Principles of Anatomy and Physiology (L/508/4584)
- Psychology for Sports Performance (K/508/4592)
- Current Issues in Sport (A/508/4595)
- Sports Injuries (J/508/4597)
- Sports Coaching (D/508/4122)
- Sports Nutrition (Y/508/4622)
- Ethics and Values in Sport (F/508/4601)
- Sport and Exercise Massage (L/508/4603)
- Work Experience in Sport (Y/508/4586)
- Leading Land-Based Activities (D/617/1089)
- Leading Water-Based Activities (R/617/1090)
Evidence and Grading Tracker
Price (Inc VAT): Free
Internal assessments will go ahead in 2021/22, therefore moving away from results being based on Teacher Assessed Grades (TAGs) used in 2020 to 2021, where this has been permitted. Students need to prepare a portfolio of evidence. We encourage centres to review our guidance on the types of evidence, and evidence capture, that we permit including e.g. the use of video, photos and other digital means of demonstrating knowledge and skills.
For further information please see the 2021/22 adaptation addendum document below.
2021-22 AT 60188832 V1.0LessMore info Download