NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
- Leisure, Travel and Tourism
- Licence to Practice, Learning Resources Available
- Registration and Certification Fee
- Level 3
- Minimum entry age
- Credit Value
This qualification is now withdrawn and we are no longer able to take learner registrations. The support materials for this qualification will not be updated.
A suitable replacement to this withdrawn qualification is NCFE Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training (603/3491/5)
Qualification SpecificationLessMore info Download
This qualification specification contains everything you need to know about this qualification and should be used by everyone involved in the planning, delivery and assessment.
Links to National Skills StandardsLessMore info Download
This document details how this qualification maps to the National Skills Standards and PLTS.
Assessment StrategyLessMore info Download
This mandatory document outlines the policies and principles for assessing competence units.
Purpose StatementLessMore info Download
- Know How to Support Clients Who Take Part in Exercise and Physical Activity (M/600/9015 )
- Health, Safety and Welfare in a Fitness Environment (T/600/9016)
- Principles of Exercise, Fitness and Health (A/600/9017 )
- Anatomy and Physiology for Exercise and Health (A/600/9051 )
- Programming Personal Training with Clients (F/600/9052 )
- Delivering Personal Training Sessions (J/600/9053 )
- Applying the Principles of Nutrition to a Physical Activity Programme (L/600/9054 )
Qualification Support Pack (QSP)
Price (Inc VAT): Free
Candidate Learning Log
Price (Inc VAT): Free
Internal assessments will go ahead in 2021/22, therefore moving away from results being based on Teacher Assessed Grades (TAGs), used in 2020 to 2021, where this has been permitted. Students need to prepare a portfolio of evidence. We encourage centres to review our guidance on the types of evidence, and evidence capture, that we permit including e.g. the use of video, photos and other digital means of demonstrating knowledge and skills.
Students are still required to complete the work placement, but the focus should be on learning outcomes and evidencing competence.
This qualification is sector endorsed by the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA) and adaptations should be applied in line with CIMSPA guidance.
The adaptation addendum document contains further information of how learning outcome / evidence of competence needs to be met either within the workplace or via alternative assessment methods.
For further information please see the 2021/22 adaptation addendum document below.
2021-22 AT 60343886 CIMSPA PT V1.0LessMore info Download
CIMSPA Guidance Sept 2021LessMore info Download