NCFE Level 3 Award in Education and Training
- Education and Training
- Learning Resources Available
- Level 3
- Minimum entry age
- Credit Value
The qualification provides an introduction to teaching and aims to meet the needs of a range of trainee teachers, such as:
• individuals not currently in a teaching or training role
• individuals currently teaching and training (including those who have just begun teaching and training)
• individuals currently working as assessors who wish to achieve a qualification that provides an introduction to teaching.
Qualification SpecificationLessMore info Download
This qualification specification contains everything you need to know about this qualification and should be used by everyone involved in the planning, delivery and assessment.
Qualification Key Information - In the KnowLessMore info Download
This document outlines the key information of this qualification for the centre, learner and employer.
Guidance for Qualifications in Education and TrainingLessMore info Download
This EFT document provides guidance for qualifications in Education and Training.
- Understanding Roles, Responsibilities and Relationships in Education and Training (H/505/0053)
- Understanding and Using Inclusive Teaching and Learning Approaches in Education and Training (D/505/0052)
- Facilitate Learning and Development for Individuals (J/502/9549)
- Facilitate Learning and Development in Groups (F/502/9548)
- Understanding Assessment in Education and Training (R/505/0050)
- Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment (D/601/5313)
This qualification has adaptation applied to delivery and assessment which has been agreed with the Education and Training Foundation.
Students will still need to prepare a portfolio of evidence. We encourage centres to review our guidance on the types of evidence, and evidence capture, that we permit including e.g. the use of video, photos and other digital means of demonstrating knowledge and skills.
Students are still required to complete the work placement, but the focus should be on learning outcomes and evidencing competence. We have removed the requirement for students to complete a minimum number of placement hours; hours should still be recorded.
The adaptation addendum document contains further information of how learning outcome / evidence of competence needs to be met either within the workplace or via alternative assessment methods.
For further information please see the adaptation addendum document below.
ETF Education & Training Adaptation GuidanceLessMore info Download
This document provides further information on what adaptations are permitted for this qualification.
AT 60116201 V1.0LessMore info Download