NCFE Level 3 Award in Education and Training
- Education and Training
- Learning Resources Available
- Registration and Certification Fee
- Level 3
- Minimum entry age
- Credit Value
The qualification provides an introduction to teaching and aims to meet the needs of a range of trainee teachers, such as:
• individuals not currently in a teaching or training role
• individuals currently teaching and training (including those who have just begun teaching and training)
• individuals currently working as assessors who wish to achieve a qualification that provides an introduction to teaching.
Qualification SpecificationLessMore info Download
This qualification specification contains everything you need to know about this qualification and should be used by everyone involved in the planning, delivery and assessment.
Support HandbookLessMore info Download
This document contains supporting information that relates to NCFE and CACHE qualifications to assist in planning, delivery and assessment, and must be used alongside the qualification specification.
Qualification FactsheetLessMore info Download
This document outlines the key information of this qualification for the centre, learner and employer.
Guidance for Qualifications in Education and TrainingLessMore info Download
This EFT document provides guidance for qualifications in Education and Training.
To view additional support materials you will need your Portal login details. If you don’t have a login for Portal please contact your Portal administrator within your centre. To see more additional materials please Login
Qualification specification (Word)LessMore info Download
This document contains everything you need to know about this qualification in MS Word format and should be used by everyone involved in its planning, delivery and assessment.
- Understanding Roles, Responsibilities and Relationships in Education and Training (H/505/0053)
- Understanding and Using Inclusive Teaching and Learning Approaches in Education and Training (D/505/0052)
- Facilitate Learning and Development for Individuals (J/502/9549)
- Facilitate Learning and Development in Groups (F/502/9548)
- Understanding Assessment in Education and Training (R/505/0050)
- Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment (D/601/5313)
Internal assessments will go ahead in 2021/22, therefore moving away from results being based on Teacher Assessed Grades (TAGs). Students need to prepare a portfolio of evidence. We encourage centres to review our guidance and the guidance from the Education and Training Foundation (ETF) on the types of evidence, and evidence capture, that we permit including e.g. the use of video, photos and other digital means of demonstrating knowledge and skills.
Students are still required to complete the work placement, but the focus should be on learning outcomes and evidencing competence.
The adaptation addendum document contains further information of how learning outcome / evidence of competence needs to be met either within the workplace or via alternative assessment methods.
2021-22 AT 60116201 V1.0LessMore info Download
ETF ITE Qualification mitigations guidance 14 October 2021LessMore info Download