NCFE Level 3 Applied General Certificate in Music Technology
- Arts, Media and Publishing
- Performance Points, UCAS
- Level 3
- Minimum entry age
This qualification is equivalent in size to an A Level. It is aimed at post-16 year olds studying a Key Stage 5 curriculum with an interest in creative music production and performance.
It is appropriate for learners wishing to continue their education through applied learning which will equip them with transferable knowledge and skills, whilst giving them the opportunity to respond to contextualised industry briefs.
Level 3 Applied General qualifications are automatically eligible for UCAS points under the new Tariff. The UCAS points have been awarded for this qualification in May 2017 as follows: P – 16, M – 32, D – 48, D* - 56.
- Using a Digital Audio Workstation (A/507/4987)
- Creating Music (F/507/4988)
- Multi-Track Audio Recording, Mixing and Mastering (A/507/4990)
- Sound Creation (J/507/4992)
- Live Sound Performance Technology (R/507/4994)
- Digital Music Business (Y/507/4995)
- Applied General Music Technology - External Assessment Practical (AGMT/EXTA/P)
- Applied General Music Technology - External Assessment Written (AGMT/EXTA/W)