NCFE Level 3 Applied General Certificate in Art and Design
- Arts, Media and Publishing
- Learning Resources Available, Performance Points, UCAS
- Level 3
- Minimum entry age
This qualification is suitable for learners aged 16 and above. It has been developed for learners aged 16-19 in schools and colleges, but is also accessible for learners post-19.
This qualification is designed for learners who want to study Art and/or Design at a higher level. Applied General qualifications are designed to be rigorous advanced qualifications that enable learners to develop subject-specific and transferable skills, which facilitate their progression on to higher learning.
Level 3 Applied General qualifications are automatically eligible for UCAS points under the new Tariff. The UCAS points have been awarded for this qualification in May 2017 as follows: P – 16, M – 32, D – 48, D* - 56.
- Materials, Techniques and Processes in Art and Design (M/508/4397)
- Research Project in Art and Design (M/508/4402)
- Communicate Visually (A/508/4404)
- Present and Promote Your Work (R/508/4408)
- Develop a Personal Response in Art and Design (Y/508/4412)
- Applied General Art & Design – External Assessment (AGAD/EXTA)