NCFE Level 2 Extended Award in Preparing to Work in the Film Industry
- Arts, Media and Publishing
- Nested Qualification
- Level 2
- Minimum entry age
- Credit Value
This qualification is now withdrawn and we are no longer able to take learner registrations. The support materials for this qualification will not be updated.
This qualification is suitable for learners aged 16 and above.
The qualification will develop young people’s interest, passion and skills to help them in their potential careers across the film industry.
This qualification has been driven by the needs of industry and education partners and the content has been developed by colleagues from the British Film Institute (BFI) Film Academy and Creative Skillset, with partners including Bristol Old Vic Theatre School, CfBT Education Trust and Tyneside Cinema.
What is a nested qualification?
This qualification is nested. Qualifications within a nested suite allow learners to be topped up to a qualification that is the same level and subject within the Award, Extended Award and Certificate structure. This can be done by self-service through the Portal. Qualification nests and top-up pricing can be found in our fees list.
Qualification SpecificationLessMore info Download
This qualification specification contains everything you need to know about this qualification and should be used by everyone involved in the planning, delivery and assessment.
Learner's Evidence Tracking LogLessMore info Download
This document can help learners to keep track of their work.
- Develop Own Working Practice for the Film Industry (M/506/6563)
- Develop a Treatment or Script for Film Productions (H/506/7080)
- Follow the Film Production Process to Create a Short Film (A/506/6565)
- Awareness of the Post-Production Process in Film (F/506/6566)
- Use Editing to Tell the Story in Film (J/506/6567)
- Use Animation in a Short Film Production (L/506/6568)
- Use Sound in a Short Film Production (R/506/6569)
- Awareness of the Distribution Process for Film Productions (J/506/6570)