NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Travel and Tourism
- Leisure, Travel and Tourism
- Learning Resources Available, Nested Qualification
- Registration and Certification Fee
- Level 2
- Minimum entry age
This qualification is designed for learners who want to go on to further learning at Level 3 or into a relevant Travel and Tourism role. It is particularly relevant for those aged 16-18 undertaking a large programme of full-time study, but is also relevant to adult learners who may be changing career or entering a new industry.
What is a nested qualification?
This qualification is nested. Qualifications within a nested suite allow learners to be topped up to a qualification that is the same level and subject within the Certificate and Diploma structure. This can be done by self-service through the Portal. Qualification nests and top-up pricing can be found in our fees list.
Qualification specificationLessMore info Download
This document contains everything you need to know about this qualification in PDF format and should be used by everyone involved in its planning, delivery and assessment.
To view additional support materials you will need your Portal login details. If you don’t have a login for Portal please contact your Portal administrator within your centre. To see more additional materials please Login
Qualification specification (Word)LessMore info Download
This document contains everything you need to know about this qualification in MS Word format and should be used by everyone involved in its planning, delivery and assessment.
- Customer Service in Travel and Tourism (T/507/2655)
- The UK Travel and Tourism Industry (A/507/2656)
- Travel and Tourism Destinations (F/507/2657)
- Promotion in Travel and Tourism (J/507/2658)
- UK Purpose Built Visitor Attractions (L/507/2659)
- Understanding Package Holidays (F/507/2660)
- Travel Agency Operations (J/507/2661)
- Hospitality in Travel and Tourism (L/507/2662)
- Organising an Event (R/507/2663)
- Introduction to Guided Tours (F/507/2674)
- Impact of Travel and Tourism Provision on a Host Community (Y/507/2664)
- Tourism in a Popular UK Region (D/507/2665)
- Know About Airports and Airlines (H/507/2666)
- Career Planning for Travel and Tourism (K/507/2667)
- Work Experience in Travel and Tourism (M/507/2668)
- UK Coastal Tourism (T/507/2669)
- Heritage and Cultural Tourism (K/507/2670)
- UK Rural Tourism (M/507/2671)
- Understanding Specialist Tourism (T/507/2672)
- Enterprise in Tourism (A/507/2673)
Qualification Support Pack (QSP)
Price (Inc VAT): Free
Internal assessments will go ahead in 2021/22, therefore moving away from results being based on Teacher Assessed Grades (TAGs) used in 2020 to 2021, where this has been permitted. Students need to prepare a portfolio of evidence. We encourage centres to review our guidance on the types of evidence, and evidence capture, that we permit including e.g. the use of video, photos and other digital means of demonstrating knowledge and skills.
For further information please see the 2021/22 adaptation addendum document below.
2021-22 AT 60162685 V1.0LessMore info Download