NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in the Film Industry
- Arts, Media and Publishing
- Level 2
- Minimum entry age
- Credit Value
This qualification is now withdrawn and we are no longer able to take learner registrations. The support materials for this qualification will not be updated.
This qualification is suitable for learners aged 16 and above. The qualification will develop young people’s interest, passion and skills to help them in their potential careers across the film industry. This qualification has been driven by the needs of industry and education partners and the content has been developed by colleagues from the British Film Institute (BFI) Film Academy and Creative Skillset, with partners including Bristol Old Vic Theatre School, CfBT Education Trust and Tyneside Cinema.
- Develop Own Working Practice for the Film Industry (M/506/6563)
- Develop a Treatment or Script for Film Productions (H/506/7080)
- Follow the Film Production Process to Create a Short Film (A/506/6565)
- Awareness of the Post-Production Process in Film (F/506/6566)
- Use Editing to Tell the Story in Film (J/506/6567)
- Use Animation in a Short Film Production (L/506/6568)
- Use Sound in a Short Film Production (R/506/6569)
- Awareness of the Distribution Process for Film Productions (J/506/6570)
There's a range of available resources you can download or purchase