NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles (Food and Beverage Service)
- Retail and Commercial Enterprise
- Learning Resources Available
- Registration and Certification Fee
- Level 2
- Minimum entry age
- Credit Value
This qualification is aimed at learners aged 16 and above. It is designed for those who work within the hospitality sector. It provides learners with an opportunity to develop the skills, knowledge and understanding to work in a wide range of job roles.
Qualification SpecificationLessMore info Download
This document contains everything you need to know about this qualification and should be used by everyone involved in its planning, delivery and assessment.
Purpose StatementLessMore info Download
This document outlines the content of this qualification, who it’s designed for, and the opportunities it could lead to.
To view additional support materials you will need your Portal login details. If you don’t have a login for Portal please contact your Portal administrator within your centre. To see more additional materials please Login
Qualification specification (Word)LessMore info Download
This document contains everything you need to know about this qualification in MS Word format and should be used by everyone involved in its planning, delivery and assessment.
- Safe, Hygienic and Secure Working Environments in Hospitality (R/600/0615)
- Effective Teamwork (Y/600/0616)
- Giving Customers a Positive Impression (D/600/0617)
- Food Safety in Catering (H/502/0132)
- Principles of Customer Service in Hospitality, Leisure, Travel and Tourism (T/600/1059 )
- Principles of Providing a Counter and Takeaway Service (T/502/8297)
- Principles of Providing a Silver Service (A/502/8298)
- Principles of Providing a Buffet and Carvery Service (M/502/8296)
- Service of Food at Table (T/600/0624)
- Principles of Preparing and Serving Cocktails (Y/502/8308)
- Principles of Preparing and Serving Wines (M/502/8265)
- Principles of Preparing and Serving Dispensed and Instant Hot Drinks (H/502/8327)
- Principles of Preparing and Serving Hot Drinks Using Specialist Equipment (D/502/8309)
- Service of Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Drinks (J/600/0627)
- Preparation and Clearing of Service Areas (F/600/0626)
- Principles of Preparing and Clearing Areas for Table Service (R/502/8260)
- Principles of Maintaining Cellars and Kegs (R/502/8307)
- Principles of Cleaning Drink Dispense Lines (J/502/8319)
- Principles of Receiving, Storing and Issuing Drinks Stock (M/502/8315)
- Principles of Preparing and Clearing Bar Areas (Y/502/8261)
- Principles of Promoting Additional Services or Products to Customers (Y/502/8311)
- Dealing With Payments (L/600/1133)
- Principles of Maintaining Customer Service Through Effective Handover (K/502/8314)
- Principles of Resolving Customer Service Problems (A/502/8317)
Internal assessments will go ahead in 2021/22, therefore moving away from results being based on Teacher Assessed Grades (TAGs) used in 2020 to 2021, where this has been permitted. Students need to prepare a portfolio of evidence. We encourage centres to review our guidance on the types of evidence, and evidence capture, that we permit including e.g. the use of video, photos and other digital means of demonstrating knowledge and skills.
For further information please see the 2021/22 adaptation addendum document below.
2021-22 AT 60105100 V1.0LessMore info Download