NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Exercise and Physical Activity for Children)
- Leisure, Travel and Tourism
- Learning Resources Available
- Level 2
- Minimum entry age
- Credit Value
This qualification is no longer endorsed by CIMSPA or the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs). Alternatively, please refer to the Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing and the Level 3 Diploma in Gym Instructing and Personal Training which are endorsed by CIMSPA.
Qualification SpecificationLessMore info Download
This qualification specification contains everything you need to know about this qualification and should be used by everyone involved in the planning, delivery and assessment.
Assessment strategyLessMore info Download
This mandatory document outlines the policies and principles for assessing competence units.
Purpose StatementLessMore info Download
This document outlines the content of this qualification, who it’s designed for, and the opportunities it could lead to.
- Anatomy and Physiology for Exercise (H/600/9013 )
- Know How to Support Clients Who Take Part in Exercise and Physical Activity (M/600/9015 )
- Health, Safety and Welfare in a Fitness Environment (T/600/9016)
- Principles of Exercise, Fitness and Health (A/600/9017 )
- Planning Health Related Exercise and Physical Activity for Children (A/600/9048)
- Instructing Health Related Exercise and Physical Activity to Children (T/600/9050 )
Price (Inc VAT): Free
Qualification Support Pack (QSP)
Price (Inc VAT): Free
Students will still need to prepare a portfolio of evidence. We encourage centres to review our guidance on the types of evidence, and evidence capture, that we permit including e.g. the use of video, photos and other digital means of demonstrating knowledge.
This qualification is sector endorsed by the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA); therefore, it has not been possible to reduce the required Rule of Combination as any changes in this area would largely impact on the integrity and purpose of the qualification.
Students are still required to be assessed in the workplace, but the focus should be on learning outcomes and evidencing competence.
Adaptations should be applied in line with CIMSPA guidance.
For further information please see the adaptation addendum document below.
AT 50119965 CIMSPA Instructing V1.0LessMore info Download
CIMSPA GUIDANCE FEB 2021LessMore info Download