NCFE Level 2 Award in Occupational Studies for the Workplace
- Preparation for Life and Work
- Nested Qualification
- Level 2
- Minimum entry age
- Credit Value
The qualification is intended to be accessible to a wide range of learners of all abilities. Learners can develop a more ‘hands on’ approach to their learning and gain practical skills, knowledge and understanding in their chosen vocational area(s). The skills, knowledge and understanding gained may help learners prepare for work through real or simulated work situations and may contribute to preparing them for working life beyond education.
The qualification is intended to give learners a solid base from which to further develop their skills and learning.
What is a nested qualification?
This qualification is nested. Qualifications within a nested suite allow learners to be topped up to a qualification that is the same level and subject within the Introductory Certificate, Certificate, Diploma and Extended Diploma structure. This can be done by self-service through the Portal. Qualification nests and top-up pricing can be found in our fees list.
This qualification is nested. Qualifications within a nested suite allow learners to be topped up to a qualification that is the same level and subject within the Award, Certificate and Diploma structure. This can be done by self-service through the Portal. Qualification nests and top-up pricing can be found in our fees list.
Qualification SpecificationLessMore info Download
This qualification specification contains everything you need to know about this qualification and should be used by everyone involved in the planning, delivery and assessment.
Occupational Studies Units List - Level 2LessMore info Download
This document outlines all of the units in our Level 2 Occupational Studies suite. It also denotes which of these units are available as stand-alone unit programmes.
- Principles of Woodlands, Forestry and Ecology (H/602/3963)
- Floristry Techniques (F/504/9315)
- Garden Horticulture Skills (H/504/9274)
- Developing Practical Floristry Skills (A/504/9572)
- Understand How To Cultivate Herbs (A/505/5453)
- Understanding How To Grow Fruit and Vegetables (L/505/3304)
- Farm Conservation (T/505/5466)
- Performing Brickwork Operations (F/505/5468)
- Electrical Installation Methods, Wiring and Circuit Protection (H/505/5477)
- Assist in Motor Vehicle Maintenance (L/602/1592)
- Safe Tractor Operation (H/503/3303)
- Knowledge of Motor Vehicle Fault Finding (H/505/5480)
- Introduction To Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Repair (F/505/1923)
- Developing Cooking Skills (K/504/9602)
- Cooking With Meat, Fish and Vegetables (T/505/5452)
- Developing Good Practice Skills for Use in the Kitchen (R/505/3286)
- Create a Radio Programme (F/505/5454)
- Music Technology Hardware and Software (R/505/5457)
- Digital Photography (L/505/5456)
- Awareness of Employment in the Creative Media Sector (R/504/5186)
- Developing a Design for an Interior (M/505/5465)
- Develop and Adapt Soft Furnishings Ideas Creatively (D/505/5476)
- Planning a Multipage Website (K/505/5478)
- Creating a Multipage Website (Y/505/5475)
- Communication Skills for Business (M/504/9357)
- Understanding Office Procedures (D/505/5459)
- Carrying Out Office Procedures (Y/505/5458)
- Using Email (D/505/3310)
- Word Processing Software (M/505/3313)
- Reception, Billing and Cashier Procedures for Front Office Staff (Y/504/9448)
- Business Organisation Structures (A/504/7823)
- Cash Up in a Retail Environment (A/505/2309)
- Keep Stock On Sale at Required Levels in a Retail Environment (J/505/2345)
- Understanding Security and Loss Prevention in a Retail Business (K/505/5464)
- Process Customer Orders for Goods in a Retail Environment (M/505/2341)
- Taking Part in Sport (Y/505/1331)
- Personal Physical Fitness (H/505/1333)
- Understanding Careers in Leisure and Tourism (J/505/3303)
- Understanding the Leisure Industry (K/504/9597)
- Understanding the Tourism Industry (H/505/3308)
- Understanding Airline and Airport Operations (K/504/8028)
- Understanding the Work of a Resort Representative (F/505/5471)
- Hotel Reservations (L/504/9446)
- Shampoo and Condition the Hair and Scalp (R/505/1859)
- Apply Skin Tanning Techniques (M/505/5479)
- Problem Solving in the Workplace (F/505/4675)
- Working in a Team (D/505/1508)
- Keep Work Areas Clean in Logistics Operations (F/601/7913)
- Develop Effective Working Relationships With Colleagues in Logistics Operations (H/601/7919)
- Moving And/Or Handling Goods in Logistics Operations (J/601/7914)
- Receive Goods in Logistics Operations (K/601/7923)
- Pick Goods in Logistics Operations (R/601/7916)
- Keep Stock at Required Levels in Logistics Operations (T/601/7911)
- Wrap and Pack Goods in Logistics Operations (Y/601/7917)
This qualification has adaptation applied to delivery and assessment.
Students will need to prepare a portfolio of evidence. We encourage centres to review our guidance on the types of evidence, and evidence capture, that we permit including e.g. the use of video, photos and other digital means of demonstrating knowledge.
Further guidance for this qualification can be found below.
AT 60110156 Occ StudiesLessMore info Download
This document provides further information on what adaptations are permitted for this qualification.