NCFE Level 1 Technical Award in Graphic Design
- Arts, Media and Publishing
- Learning Resources Available, Performance Points, V Cert
- Level 1
- Minimum entry age
This qualification is suitable for learners aged 14 and above.
It is aimed at 14–16 year olds studying the Key Stage 4 curriculum who are interested in any aspect of graphic design, including sourcing ideas and design.
The qualification is appropriate for students looking for an introduction to the skills, knowledge and qualities needed in the graphic design sector. It is for learners who are motivated and challenged by learning through hands-on experiences, and through content which is concrete and related directly to those experiences.
This qualification counts in the DfE School Performance Tables for 2019.
- Introduction to Graphic Design (D/615/3949)
- Graphic Design Practice (Y/615/3951)
- Responding to a Graphic Design Brief (H/615/3953)
- Graphic Design Portfolio (M/615/3955)
- Technical Award Graphic Design – External Assessment (TAGD/EXTA)
There's a range of available resources you can download or purchase