NCFE Level 1 Diploma for Entry to the Uniformed Services
- Health, Public Services and Care
- Learning Resources Available
- Level 1
- Minimum entry age
- Credit Value
This qualification aims to provide informed and prepared potential recruits. It will enable learners to prepare to make a recruitment application or provide a basis for further study and progression towards the entry qualification of a specific service. It provides learners with an insight into the practical qualities they require, not only for uniformed services, but also for employment in general.
Qualification SpecificationLessMore info Download
This document contains everything you need to know about this qualification and should be used by everyone involved in its planning, delivery and assessment.
Summary of ChangesLessMore info Download
This document summarises the changes in the qualification specification since the previous issue.
Purpose StatementLessMore info Download
This document outlines the content of this qualification, who it’s designed for, and the opportunities it could lead to.
Sample Portfolio - Unit 1 (Merit)LessMore info Download
This Sample Portfolio is designed to demonstrate the types of evidence that could be produced for a Merit grade for specified unit(s) within the qualification.
Sample Portfolio - Unit 1 (Pass)LessMore info Download
This Sample Portfolio is designed to demonstrate the types of evidence that could be produced for a Pass grade for specified unit(s) within the qualification.
Evidence and Grading TrackerLessMore info Download
This Evidence and Grading Tracker can help learners to keep track of their work.
- Investigate Employment Opportunities in the Uniformed Services (D/505/9141)
- Well-Being and Physical Fitness for the Uniformed Services (K/505/9143)
- Team Working Skills in the Uniformed Services (M/505/9144)
- Developing Self-Discipline for the Uniformed Services (A/505/9146)
- Health and Safety in the Uniformed Services (F/505/9150)
- Carry Out Map Reading and Navigation (F/505/9147)
- Participate in Competitive Sport (R/505/9153)
- Participate in an Adventurous Activity (D/505/9155)
- Explore Volunteering and Volunteering Opportunities (H/505/9271)
Students will still need to prepare a portfolio of evidence. We encourage centres to review our guidance on the types of evidence, and evidence capture, that we permit including e.g. the use of video, photos and other digital means of demonstrating knowledge and skills.
This qualification is in scope for alternative arrangements and if required can be awarded via an assessed grade from the centre.
For further information please see the adaptation addendum document below.
AT 6012457X V1.0LessMore info Download