NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Safe Handling of Medicines
- Health, Public Services and Care, Health, Health and Social Care
- Learning Resources Available
- Level 2
- Minimum entry age
- Credit Value
What does this qualification cover?
This qualification aims to develop:
• a general understanding of different types of medication and their use
• knowledge of the procedures for obtaining, storing, administering and disposing of medicines
• an understanding of legislation and the audit process related to medication and issues of responsibility and accountability.
Who is it suitable for?
This qualification is designed for those who wish to develop their understanding of the safe handling of medicines.
This is a knowledge-based qualification, achievement will not allow learners to be considered occupationally competent in the administration of medication.
This qualification is suitable for learners aged 18 and above.
What are the entry requirements?
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 1 qualification.
How is this qualification structured?
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Safe Handling of Medicines, learners are required to successfully complete 4 mandatory units:
• Unit 01 Understand medication and prescriptions
• Unit 02 Supply, storage and disposal of medication
• Unit 03 Understand the requirements for the safe administration of medication
• Unit 04 Record-keeping and audit processes for medication administration and storage.
How is it assessed?
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Safe Handling of Medicines, learners are required to successfully complete 4 mandatory units.
The Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Safe Handling of Medicines is internally assessed.
What related qualifications can you progress to?
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
• Level 3 Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care
• Level 2 Award in Awareness of Dementia
• Apprenticeships in Health and Social Care.
Funding for our qualifications
Find out more about funding for this and other qualifications on our funding page.
Which type of job roles can you apply for on completion?
The objectives of this qualification are to prepare learners for further training and to support a role in the workplace.
To view additional support materials you will need your Portal login details. If you don’t have a login for Portal please contact your Portal administrator within your centre. To see more additional materials please Login