NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Children and Young People's Mental Health
- Health, Public Services and Care, Children and Young People, Health and Social Care
- Level 2
- Minimum entry age
What does this qualification cover?
The purpose of this qualification is to increase learner’s knowledge and awareness of children and young people’s mental health.
By completing the qualification, learners will develop knowledge of:
• children and young people’s mental health in context
• mental health problems commonly associated with children and young people
• the impact of mental ill-health on children and young people
• support available to maintain mental wellbeing in children and young people.
Who is it suitable for?
This qualification is suitable for anyone looking to increase their knowledge of children and young people’s mental health.
What are the entry requirements?
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 1 qualification.
How is this qualification structured?
Learners must achieve all of the mandatory units:
• Unit 01 Understand children and young people’s mental health in context
• Unit 02 Understand factors which may affect children and young people’s mental health
• Unit 03 Understand children and young people’s mental health concerns
• Unit 04 Understand the impact of children and young people’s mental health concerns
• Unit 05 Understand how to support children and young people with mental health concerns
How is it assessed?
All units will be individually internally assessed using a range of methods.
Do you need to be working to take this qualification?
This is a knowledge-only qualification; therefore, work experience is not mandatory.
What related qualifications can you progress to?
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
• Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health
• Level 3 Award in the Awareness of the Mental Capacity Act 2005
• Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce (England)
• Level 3 Award/Certificate/Diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning.
Funding for our qualifications
Find out more about funding for this and other qualifications on our funding page.
To view additional support materials you will need your Portal login details. If you don’t have a login for Portal please contact your Portal administrator within your centre. To see more additional materials please Login
There's a range of available resources you can download or purchase