NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism
- Health, Public Services and Care, Children and Young People, Health and Social Care
- Learning Resources Available
- Level 2
- Minimum entry age
- Credit Value
What does this qualification cover?
This qualification aims to develop learners’ understanding of autism and the principles of supporting individuals with autism - covering the person-centred approach and influence of positive communication methods, how to support positive behaviour, and how individuals with autism can be supported to live healthy and fulfilled lives.
Who is it suitable for?
This qualification is designed for learners who wish to develop an understanding of autism and how to support individuals with autism.
It’s useful for learners who provide direct support and those working in sectors such as:
• social care
• education and training
This qualification is suitable for learners aged 16 and above.
What are the entry requirements?
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 1 qualification.
How is this qualification structured?
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism, learners are required to successfully complete 6 mandatory units:
• Unit 01 Introduction to autism
• Unit 02 Using a person-centred approach to support individuals with autism
• Unit 03 Communication and social interaction in individuals with autism
• Unit 04 Sensory processing, perception and cognition in individuals with autism
• Unit 05 Supporting positive behaviour in individuals with autism
• Unit 06 Supporting individuals with autism to live healthy and fulfilled lives
How is it assessed?
To achieve the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism, learners must successfully demonstrate their achievement of all learning outcomes and assessment criteria of the units as detailed in the qualification specification. Grades are not awarded.
The Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism is internally assessed.
What related qualifications can you progress to?
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
• Level 3 Diploma for the Children's Workforce (Early Years Educator)
• Level 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
• Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England
• Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare (England)
• Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Autism
Funding for our qualifications
Find out more about funding for this and other qualifications on our funding page.
Which type of job roles can you apply for on completion?
The objective of this qualification is to help learners to progress within employment in a variety of sectors, and in a number of job roles where an understanding of autism and knowledge of how to support people with autism is required.
To view additional support materials you will need your Portal login details. If you don’t have a login for Portal please contact your Portal administrator within your centre. To see more additional materials please Login
There's a range of available resources you can download or purchase