NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings
- Health, Public Services and Care, Health, Health and Social Care
- Learning Resources Available, Preparation for Employment
- Level 2
- Minimum entry age
- Credit Value
What does this qualification cover?
This qualification aims to help learners to understand:
• the meaning and importance of infection control
• the causes of infections, the conditions in which they thrive and the ways that they can be spread
• methods used to prevent and control the spread of infection.
Who is it suitable for?
This qualification is designed for a wide range of learners who wish to gain an understanding in the prevention and control of infection within healthcare settings.
This qualification is suitable for learners aged 16 and above.
What are the entry requirements?
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 1 qualification.
How is this qualification structured?
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings, learners must achieve 4 mandatory units:
• Unit 01 Principles of the causes and spread of infection in health care settings
• Unit 02 Principles of the importance of personal hygiene and health in the prevention and control of infection in health care settings
• Unit 03 Principles of decontamination, cleaning and waste management in health care settings
• Unit 04 Principles of infection prevention and control in a health care settings
How is it assessed?
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings, learners must successfully demonstrate their achievement of all learning outcomes and assessment criteria for the chosen units. Grades are not awarded.
The Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings is internally assessed.
What related qualifications can you progress to?
If you’re interested in progressing to further your study at the next level of vocational learning, the following qualifications are also available as a progression route:
• Level 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
• Level 3 Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care
• Level 3 Certificate for Working in the Health Sector
• Level 3 Certificate in Stroke Care Management
Funding for our qualifications
Find out more about funding for this and other qualifications on our funding page.
Which type of job roles can you apply for on completion?
This qualification is designed for those that work in, or would like to work in, the health care sector. It will provide knowledge that may be applied to a wide range of job roles within health and social care settings.
To view additional support materials you will need your Portal login details. If you don’t have a login for Portal please contact your Portal administrator within your centre. To see more additional materials please Login
There's a range of available resources you can download or purchase
Print materials available on our dedicated Print Shop website
Learning Curve Group Resources
Hallmark Education Resources