NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Falls Prevention Awareness
- Health, Public Services and Care, Health and Social Care
- Level 2
- Minimum entry age
What does this qualification cover?
The purpose of this qualification is to increase learners’ awareness and understanding of falls and their prevention which will allow them to progress into, or within, employment in healthcare or social care settings.
The objective of the qualification is to allow learner’s to gain knowledge and understanding of:
• the impact and consequences of a fall
• risks and hazards which contribute to falls
• reducing the risk of falls.
The qualification also covers the importance of recording and reporting any incidence of falls to ensure that interventions can be put in place to reduce risk and reoccurrence of falls.
This qualification is aimed at anyone working in a healthcare or social care environment, particularly those that support, or have contact with, older people who have an increased propensity to falls.
Who is it suitable for?
This qualification is suitable for learners aged 16 and above.
What are the entry requirements?
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 1 qualification in healthcare or social care.
How is this qualification structured?
The qualificaction is made up of four mandatory units:
• Unit 01 Falls in context
• Unit 02 Understand the risk factors and causes of falls
• Unit 03 Falls assessment and prevention
• Unit 04 Managing falls.
How is it assessed?
This qualification is assessed via a internally assessed and externally verified portfolio of evidence.
What related qualifications can you progress to?
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
• NCFE CACHE Level 3 Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care
• NCFE CACHE Level 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
• NCFE CACHE Level 3 Certificate in Stroke Care Management
• NCFE CACHE Level 3 Certificate in Understanding the Principles of Dementia Care
Funding for our qualifications
Find out more about funding for this and other qualifications on our funding page.
To view additional support materials you will need your Portal login details. If you don’t have a login for Portal please contact your Portal administrator within your centre. To see more additional materials please Login