NCFE CACHE Level 1 Diploma in Introduction to Health and Social Care (Adults and Children and Young People), Early Years and Childcare (Wales)
- Health, Public Services and Care, Children and Young People, Health and Social Care
- Level 1
- Minimum entry age
- Credit Value
What does the qualification cover?
Level 1 Diploma in Introduction to Health and Social Care (Adults and Children and Young People), Early Years and Childcare (Wales) is suitable for learners who are working, or wish to work, in the health and social care and early years and childcare sectors.
• is aimed at learners who wish to develop an understanding of these settings before deciding whether working in the sector is for them
• allows learners to gain the knowledge, understanding and skills required for employment and/or career progression in the sectors
• allows learners to tailor their learning to their interests through the provision of a broad range of optional units
• provides opportunities for the development of transferable skills
• supports progression to Level 2 qualifications in health, social care or children’s settings
• provides learners with the opportunity to progress to employment, in due course, in a range of job roles in the care sectors.
Who is it suitable for?
Anyone considering a career in health and/or social care with adults or early years and childcare sectors.
What are the entry requirements?
Learners must be age 14 or above.
How many credits are required to complete it?
How is it assessed?
All units will be internally assessed using a range of methods which could include: written assignments or tasks such as designing a leaflet or booklet, charts or diagrams or setting up an information board, direct observation or reflective practice. The qualifications will be pass or refer and all the assessment criteria for the chosen units must be achieved in order to obtain a pass.
Do you need to be working to take the qualification?
For the Diploma, learners need to be working, volunteering or on practical placement, only if they take any of the following three optional units: J/506/0249 – Introduction to creative activities for children’s development Y/506/1308 – Introduction to language immersion in an early years and childcare setting K/506/0292 – Introduction to balanced diets for individuals
How long does it take to complete?
You can usually complete it in a year or less.
What related qualifications can you progress to?
The qualification provides a stepping stone for those who wish to move into employment and complete either a Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care or a Level 2 Diploma in Child Care.
It also provides a stepping stone to the All Wales Induction Framework for Health and Social Care and Early Years and Childcare, which is a mandatory part of employment in social care and early years settings in Wales.
Funding for our qualifications
Find out more about funding for this and other qualifications on the Funding page.
Which type of job roles can you apply for on completion?
They do not qualify you to work in Social Care settings, but do support you working towards employment or to aid career development if you are a social care qualified practitioner.