NCFE CACHE Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health
- Health, Public Services and Care, Health and Social Care
- Level 3
- Minimum entry age
What does this qualification cover?
This qualification will:
• focus on the study of mental health and mental well-being to support different occupational areas
• offer breadth and depth of study, incorporating a key core of knowledge and understanding.
The objectives of this qualification are to help learners to understand:
• mental health legislation, services and public attitudes and how these have evolved
• how to support mental well-being through various stages of life
• mental ill health, treatment options available and the potential consequences of mental ill health
• the skills required to work in a mental health service.
Who is it suitable for?
This qualification is designed to increase learners’ knowledge and understanding of mental health and mental well-being. Successful completion of the required units will allow the learner to develop in-depth knowledge and understanding of mental health. It will also support learner progression into relevant employment within the health and social care sector.
Learners should be aged 16 or above to undertake this qualification.
What are the entry requirements?
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification, however, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 2 mental health qualification, or qualifications in healthcare or social care contexts.
How is this qualification structured?
To be awarded the Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health, learners are required to successfully complete 5 mandatory units:
• Unit 01 Understanding the context of mental health and wellbeing
• Unit 02 Promotion of mental health and wellbeing
• Unit 03 Mental health problems: associated issues and consequences
• Unit 04 Understanding mental ill health
• Unit 05 Working in mental health.
How is it assessed?
To achieve the Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health, learners must successfully demonstrate their achievement of all learning outcomes of the units as detailed in the qualification specification.
The Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health is internally assessed.
What related qualifications can you progress to?
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
• Level 3 Award in Awareness of the Mental Capacity Act 2005
• Level 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
• Level 3 Certificate in Working in the Health Sector.
Funding for our qualifications
Find out more about funding for this and other qualifications on our funding page.
Which type of job roles can you apply for on completion?
Successful completion of this qualification will support progression into relevant employment within the health and social care sector.
To view additional support materials you will need your Portal login details. If you don’t have a login for Portal please contact your Portal administrator within your centre. To see more additional materials please Login
There's a range of available resources you can download or purchase