NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Working with People with Mental Health Needs
- Health, Public Services and Care, Health and Social Care
- Level 2
- Minimum entry age
- Credit Value
What does this qualification cover?
This qualification aims to raise awareness of:
• the role of the mental health worker
• the process and approaches involved in the care and support of those who experience mental ill health.
Who is it suitable for?
This qualification is designed for a wide range of learners who wish to understand the approaches to care and support of those with mental health problems.
This qualification is suitable for learners aged 16 and above.
What are the entry requirements?
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 1 or 2 qualification in a health or social care related area.
How is this qualification structured?
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Working with People with Mental Health Needs, learners are required to successfully complete 5 mandatory units:
• Unit 01 Understand the role of the mental health worker
• Unit 02 Mental health and mental health issues
• Unit 03 Understand duty of care in adult health and social care
• Unit 04 Approaches to care and management in mental health
• Unit 05 Understanding change and support in relation to mental health
How is it assessed?
To achieve the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Working with People with Mental Health Needs, learners must successfully demonstrate their achievement of all learning outcomes and assessment criteria of the mandatory units. Grades are not awarded.
The Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Working with People with Mental Health Needs is internally assessed.
What related qualifications can you progress to?
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to the following:
• Level 2 Award in Awareness of Dementia
• Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health
• Level 3 Certificate for Working in the Health Sector
Funding for our qualifications
Find out more about funding for this and other qualifications on our funding page.
Which type of job roles can you apply for on completion?
The objective of this qualification is to give learners working, or intending to work in a health or social care context, an understanding of approaches to supporting those with mental health needs. It will also enable learners to progress to other qualifications in healthcare and social care.
To view additional support materials you will need your Portal login details. If you don’t have a login for Portal please contact your Portal administrator within your centre. To see more additional materials please Login
There's a range of available resources you can download or purchase