NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Care Planning
- Health, Public Services and Care, Health and Social Care
- Learning Resources Available
- Level 2
- Minimum entry age
What does this qualification cover?
This qualification aims to develop learners’ knowledge and understanding of:
• the principles and processes of person-centred thinking, planning and review
• how to work with individuals to carry out activities specified in their care or support plan, including person-centred assessment, planning, implementation and review
• the promotion of health and well-being through nutrition and hydration
• supporting individuals to maintain personal hygiene
• supporting individuals to manage continence and the use of continence equipment
• supporting individuals with sleep.
Who is it suitable for?
This qualification will help learners to understand their role in supporting the preferences and needs of individuals in relation to their care or support, the development and implementation of care plans and contributing to the review of these by observing, monitoring and reporting on the care activities they’re responsible for.
This qualification is suitable for learners aged 16 and above.
What are the entry requirements?
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 1 qualification in healthcare or social care.
How is this qualification structured?
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Care Planning, learners are required to successfully complete 6 mandatory units:
• Unit 01 Understanding person-centred thinking and planning
• Unit 02 Care planning for the care worker
• Unit 03 Understanding nutrition and hydration in health and social care settings
• Unit 04 Principles of supporting an individual to maintain personal hygiene
• Unit 05 Understanding continence care
• Unit 06 Principles of supporting sleep
How is it assessed?
To achieve the Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Care Planning, learners must successfully demonstrate their achievement of all learning outcomes and assessment criteria of the mandatory units.
The Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Care Planning is internally assessed.
What related qualifications can you progress to?
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to the following:
• Level 2 and 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
• Level 3 Diploma in Healthcare Support Services
Funding for our qualifications
Find out more about funding for this and other qualifications on our funding page.
Which type of job roles can you apply for on completion?
The objectives of this qualification are to help learners to prepare to enter or progress within employment in a variety of sectors and job roles where an understanding of care planning is required.
To view additional support materials you will need your Portal login details. If you don’t have a login for Portal please contact your Portal administrator within your centre. To see more additional materials please Login
There's a range of available resources you can download or purchase
Learning Curve Group Resources
Learner's Evidence Tracking Log (LETL)