NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities
- Health, Public Services and Care, Children and Young People, Health and Social Care
- Level 2
- Minimum entry age
- Credit Value
What does this qualification cover?
This qualification aims to give learners knowledge and understanding to work with individuals with learning disabilities or difficulties. They will explore the principles of safeguarding and positive risk-taking and gain awareness of the autistic spectrum.
Who is it suitable for?
This qualification is designed for learners with an interest in, or who are already working with, people with learning disabilities in a variety of roles.
This qualification is suitable for learners aged 16 and above.
What are the entry requirements?
Entry is at the discretion of the Centre. However, learners should be aged at least 16 to undertake the qualification.
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 1 qualification.
How is this qualification structured?
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities, learners are required to successfully complete 6 mandatory units:
• Unit 01 Understand the context of supporting individuals with learning disabilities
• Unit 02 Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
• Unit 03 Introduction to personalisation in social care
• Unit 04 Principles of positive risk-taking for individuals with disabilities
• Unit 05 Introductory awareness of Autistic Spectrum Conditions
• Unit 06 Principles of supporting individuals with a learning disability to access healthcare
How is it assessed?
To achieve the Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities, learners must successfully demonstrate their achievement of all learning outcomes and assessment criteria of the 6 mandatory units as detailed in the qualification specification.
The Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities is internally assessed.
What related qualifications can you progress to?
If you’re interested in progressing to further study at the next level of vocational learning the following qualifications are also available:
• Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism
• Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Autism
• Level 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
Funding for our qualifications
Find out more about funding for this and other qualifications on our funding page.
Which type of job roles can you apply for on completion?
The objectives of this qualification are to prepare learners for employment and to support a role in the workplace where the individual may work or interact with people with learning disabilities. This is primarily for those within healthcare and social care but may also be useful to those working in education or housing support roles.
To view additional support materials you will need your Portal login details. If you don’t have a login for Portal please contact your Portal administrator within your centre. To see more additional materials please Login
There's a range of available resources you can download or purchase