NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Nutrition and Health
- Health, Public Services and Care, Health and Social Care
- Learning Resources Available
- Level 2
- Minimum entry age
- Credit Value
This qualification is now withdrawn and we are no longer able to take learner registrations. The support materials for this qualification will not be updated.
A suitable replacement/alternative to this withdrawn qualification is NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Nutrition and Health.
What does this qualification cover?
This qualification aims to:
• increase understanding of the principles of healthy eating and the role of food in maintaining health
• increase confidence in planning and achieving a healthy diet
• provide an understanding of how an individual’s dietary requirements change throughout their life
• provide an understanding of food labelling and the ability to use information from food labels
• provide information on eating disorders
• increase understanding of the role of a healthy diet for weight management.
Who is it suitable for?
This qualification is designed for a wide range of learners with some existing knowledge of this area who are interested in improving their understanding of nutrition and healthy eating.
These may be learners who wish to access this training with a view to progress to further qualifications or employment within sport and recreation, exercise and fitness, hospitality and catering or healthcare.
This qualification is suitable for learners aged 14 and above.
What are the entry requirements?
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 1 qualification.
How is this qualification structured?
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Nutrition and Health, learners are required to successfully complete 5 mandatory units:
• Unit 01 Explore principles of healthy eating
• Unit 02 Consider nutritional needs of a variety of individuals
• Unit 03 Use food and nutrition information to plan a healthy diet
• Unit 04 The principles of weight management
• Unit 05 Understanding eating disorders
How is it assessed?
To achieve the Level 2 Certificate in Nutrition and Health, learners must successfully demonstrate their achievement of all learning outcomes and assessment criteria of the mandatory units as detailed in the qualification specification. Grades are not awarded.
The Level 2 Certificate in Nutrition and Health is internally assessed.
What related qualifications can you progress to?
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to the following:
• Level 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
• Level 3 Certificate for Working in the Health Sector
• Level 2 qualifications in Hospitality and Catering
• Level 2 and 3 qualifications in Exercise and Fitness
Funding for our qualifications
Find out more about funding for this and other qualifications on our funding page.
Which type of job roles can you apply for on completion?
The objective of this qualification is to prepare learners for further training.
To view additional support materials you will need your Portal login details. If you don’t have a login for Portal please contact your Portal administrator within your centre. To see more additional materials please Login
There's a range of available resources you can download or purchase