NCFE CACHE Level 2 Award in Nutrition and Health
- Health, Public Services and Care, Health and Social Care
- Level 2
- Minimum entry age
- Credit Value
What does this qualification cover?
This qualification aims to:
• increase understanding of the principles of healthy eating and the role of food in maintaining health
• increase confidence in planning and achieving a healthy diet
• provide an understanding of how an individual's dietary requirements change throughout their life
• raise awareness of the dietary requirements of particular individuals
• provide an understanding of food labelling and the ability to use information from food labels
• provide a basis for further study and/or career development.
Who is it suitable for?
This qualification is designed for a wide range of learners with some existing knowledge of this area who are interested in improving their understanding of nutrition and healthy eating.
This qualification is suitable for learners aged pre-16 and above.
What are the entry requirements?
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 1 qualification.
How is this qualification structured?
This qualification consists of 3 mandatory units:
• Unit 01 Explore principles of healthy eating
• Unit 02 Consider nutritional needs of a variety of individuals.
How is it assessed?
To be awarded the Level 2 Award in Nutrition and Health learners must successfully demonstrate their achievement of all learning outcomes and assessment criteria of all 3 mandatory units. Grades are not awarded.
The Level 2 Award in Nutrition and Health is internally assessed.
What related qualifications can you progress to?
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
• Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing
• Level 2 Award in Improving Personal Exercise, Health and Nutrition
• Level 2 Certificate in Nutrition and Health.
Funding for our qualifications
Find out more about funding for this and other qualifications on our funding page.
To view additional support materials you will need your Portal login details. If you don’t have a login for Portal please contact your Portal administrator within your centre. To see more additional materials please Login