NCFE CACHE Level 1 Award in Sexual Health Awareness
- Health, Public Services and Care, Health and Social Care
- Learning Resources Available
- Level 1
- Minimum entry age
- Credit Value
What does this qualification cover?
This qualification aims to:
• raise learners' awareness of sexual health and relationship issues
• develop learners' understanding of contraception and sexually transmitted infections
• develop learners' knowledge of relevant legislation.
Who is it suitable for?
This qualification has been designed for a wide range of learners who want to increase their knowledge of sexual health.
This qualification is suitable for learners aged pre-16 and above.
What are the entry requirements?
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, Centres are responsible for ensuring that this qualification is appropriate for the age and ability of learners.
How is this qualification structured?
To be awarded the Level 1 Award in Sexual Health Awareness, learners are required to successfully complete the mandatory unit:
• Unit 1 Develop an awareness of relationships and sexual health.
How is it assessed?
To achieve the Level 1 Award in Sexual Health Awareness, learners must successfully demonstrate their achievement of all learning outcomes and assessment criteria of the mandatory unit. Grades are not awarded.
What related qualifications can you progress to?
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
• Level 1 Award in Mental Health Awareness
• Level 1 Award in Awareness of Substance Misuse
• Level 1 and 2 Award in Mentoring
• Level 2 Award in Nutrition and Health
• Foundation Diploma in Society, Health and Development.
Funding for our qualifications
Find out more about funding for this and other qualifications on our funding page.
Which type of job roles can you apply for on completion?
The objective of this qualification is to prepare learners to progress to further qualifications in a similar subject area at a higher level or complement other areas of study in a related subject area.
To view additional support materials you will need your Portal login details. If you don’t have a login for Portal please contact your Portal administrator within your centre. To see more additional materials please Login
There's a range of available resources you can download or purchase