Changes to Bookings Process for Functional Skills Controlled Assessments WEF 30 September 2021
The following changes will be made to the booking and accessing of controlled assessments for Maths and English Functional Skills:
- Maths and English Functional Skills will be booked by component level, meaning each assessment, reading, writing, SL&C and Mathematics will be booked in the Portal by selecting the qualification and then the component and topic.
- These assessments will be available for downloading directly from the Portal with no need to access QualHub or use a password.
- Centres will be able to view a bookings report from the Portal showing the learners booked by qualification and component, which will support in the completion of the controlled assessment tracking document.
- English components can therefore be booked in the order assessments are required and each will be available in The Portal for 6 weeks from the point of booking, giving more flexibility to sit each component over a longer period of time.
Results from 6 working days and so much more with our Functional Skills
Below you will find the links to the qualification information pages that have all the qualification specific support materials for each subject/level. These materials include the latest sample papers, teaching resources, schemes of work and assessment information as well as links to the key pieces of information you require to deliver the qualifications.
Check out how results release for Functional Skills Assessments will shift over the Christmas season.
Online assessments are available for on demand bookings and can be booked through the online assessment system.
We also offer a Remote Invigilation solution for online assessment that allows the learner to sit their online assessment without the need for centre invigilation, for more information click here.
Our paper-based assessments are also available on demand and can be booked through the online portal system.
All external assessments must be conducted in line with our Regulations for the Conduct of External Assessment.
NCFE Entry Level 1 Functional Skills Qualification in English
NCFE Entry Level 2 Functional Skills Qualification in English
NCFE Entry Level 3 Functional Skills Qualification in English
NCFE Level 1 Functional Skills Qualification in English
NCFE Level 2 Functional Skills Qualification in English
NCFE Entry Level 1 Functional Skills Qualification in Mathematics
NCFE Entry Level 2 Functional Skills Qualification in Mathematics
NCFE Entry Level 3 Functional Skills Qualification in Mathematics
NCFE Level 1 Functional Skills Qualification in Mathematics
NCFE Level 2 Functional Skills Qualification in Mathematics
NCFE Functional Skills Qualification in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) at Entry Level 1
NCFE Functional Skills Qualification in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) at Entry Level 2
NCFE Functional Skills Qualification in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) at Entry Level 3
NCFE Functional Skills Qualification in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) at Level 1
NCFE Functional Skills Qualification in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) at Level 2
As there are changes to various processes in line with the government’s reform for these qualifications, we’ve created an FAQ guide to help you find out about these changes at a glance.
Functional Skills update – November 2021
Due to the changes of Functional Skills qualifications and the processes around them in line with the reform, we need to make you aware of important information regarding assessment dates, fees, invigilation and documents.
Invigilation Information and Guidance Webinar
This Webinar provides information around who can and who cannot invigilate Functional Skills external assessments. We strongly advise that you listen to this before submitting a request for an Invigilation Exception.
Request for contextualisation of Functional Skills Controlled Assessments
This form is for centres to request validation of contextualised Functional Skills exam papers to a given activity.
Invigilation Exception Requests: Functional Skills
If you require an exception to the conditions regarding the invigilation of Functional Skills assessments please click here.
Assessment Delivery Support
In this section, you can access:
- Functional Skills feedback requests
- Functional Skills online automated feedback
- Transfer of achievement
Functional Skills pass rates 2020-2021
We've made the decision to release our 2020-21 pass rates for the Functional Skills external assessments to provide our centres with an overview of the national rate across each assessment. Click to read more.
Functional Skills – Online Sample Assessments
Our online sample assessments provide learners with an opportunity to practice taking an NCFE Functional Skills assessment on our online assessment platform.
Functional Skills Events
In this section you will find:
- Functional Skills Delivery Days
- Functional Skills Webinars
ICT Assessment Resources & Prep
In this section you will find:
- Sample Papers
- Functional Skills Exemplar Materials
- ICT Pre-Release Data Files
- Top Exam Tips
- Guide to setting up External Assessment
- Amplification Guides
- Live Internal Assessment Materials
- Assessment Delivery Support