What is Direct Claim Status (DCS)?
Direct Claim Status enables you to claim certificates for a qualification without needing to have your learners work signed off by your External Quality Assurer.
Can I transfer my existing DCS from another Awarding Organisation (AO)?
Yes, We may be able to honour your existing DCS with other AO’s. You can complete our online DCS transfer form, you’ll need to provide one of the following pieces of evidence:
1. Confirmation letter or email from the AO clearly showing the AO’s logo, the qualification name and number, the centre name and number the DCS status and the date DCS was achieved.
2. Visit report from the AO clearly showing the AO’s logo, the qualification name and number, the centre name and number, the DCS status and the date achieved.
3. Screen shot of the AO's website clearly showing the website address, logo of AO, the qualification name and number, the DCS status and the date achieved and the centre’s name and number.
Can my DCS be removed?
Yes we can remove your DCS approval at any time, but only for the following reasons:
1. if you don’t meet the DCS criteria during your external quality assurance/verification visit (as detailed above). If this happens we’ll contact you and discuss this with you.
2. in the exceptional circumstance where information from a range of external sources raises concerns, e.g. complaints, suspensions or investigations which may lead us to review of your DCS approval. If this happens, an External Quality Assurance Officer would contact you to highlight the issues and discuss the concerns.
Once DCS has been lost you will need two consecutive external quality assurance visits that meet our quality criteria. This involves being graded as excellent or above average in all categories and to have completed all of the outstanding actions set by the external quality assurer.